Edible Rocks Recipe: Sedimentary Rocks
This is a fun hands-on project and snack for a unit on rocks! I'll add an actual photo next time I make it.
- 1-1/4 cups crushed flake cereal
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1-1/4 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
1. Melt the margarine.
2. Mix with the cereal and the sugar to make cereal layer.
3. Press into an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
4. Sprinkle the chips over cereal layer.
5. Sprinkle the coconut over chips.
6. Sprinkle the nuts over coconut.
7. Pour condensed milk over the layers.
8. Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.